Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sad Day In Our Village

Yesterday there were about 400 police cars as a brave young officer who lost his life in a high speed chase was buried.  People lined the streets in respect for this brave young officer Whittaker - who was chasing someone down Michigan Highway 52 and lost his life in the chase.  There were helicopters in the air buzzing around.

I am so thankful for our police.  While some may say there are problems, and maybe there are some things to work on - I know I don't want to live in a lawless society.  The saddest part is when someone who is so near my middle daughter's age life is cut so short.  I don't know or didn't know him, but I do know the person he was chasing was not caught.

Can you imagine?  Running from the police, having a police person die and you now have to walk around for the rest of your life waking up every morning and looking in the mirror and remembering what you did.  I hope this Person, whomever, turns themselves in and does not continue to act in a cowardly fashion.  Face what you did.

Interesting how the media doesn't pick up on stories like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment